tisdag 15 februari 2011

Wanna Feel

Wow, what a day. First time I ever feel jetlagged, ever! But still, one just pushes on, you can't give in to it when you're on a trip like this.

Said and done, I got up at like half past eight and headed straight for 'Bucks, I knew it was gonna be a long day. What I didn't plan for was the fact that every coffeeshop on every block around here was full. I went down like two or three blocks and found a small little bagel shop and stopped there. Morning coffee and a salmon bagel helped start the day.

I went for a loooong walk in Central Park, just barely covering the mid-section. That place is frigging huge! After a while I went up to the Guggenheim Museum of Modern Art to proceed with what I had planned for the day. The museum itself was astounding and the audiotour was exceptional, for $18 it has got to be one of the best museums I've been to so far.

At 13:30 I started feeling a little woozy because of lack of energy/nutrition so I went searching for a coffee/sandwich-shop. I found one, bought what I wanted and sat in the sun on the stairs of the Metropolitan Museum of Art and ate a delicious lunch. I went for some more walking and ended up taking the subway down to Grand Central and walked around there for a long time. Eventually, my energy depleted again, so I grabbed a coffee in a random Starbucks. Imagine my surprise when I, after 30mins of sipping it realize that I got the Empire State Building as my backdrop. Powerful stuff!

I went and got tickets for the game on the Thursday. NY Rangers vs. LA Kings - that's gonna be wicked! After that I went home and rested and later went for dinner at an asian lounge. Alright food, great service - as almost always in the US. After a stroll down in Times Square I took the subway heading home - and now it's time for bed!

Exciting day!

LoveS!

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

DUDE! That sounds fantastic! Too bad I couldn't join you....

/Reinholtz