söndag 26 april 2009

The Sky Was Pink (London)

Oh yes it was. Friday had a beautiful sunset and was a beautiful day in a springy London and I decided to take a stroll throughout neighbourhoods I'd never visited before.

I started off by finally getting my ass in to the Borough market, not a day too soon to be honest! Now I'm in love! What a place..! Food from all over the world, booths with fruits, truffles, farmers produce, meat, fish, wine, oil, tea - everything really! Cheese from Spain to sausages from Poland and everything in between!

I ended up having my little lunch-break there, a fine sirloin-steak and pepper sandwich. Drenched in homemade peppersauce and horseradish-sauce. It was soooo good!

After I'd sampled many a produce over at the market, needless to say, I was quite stuffed so instead of taking the tube I decided to walk all the way over to Waterloo to check out Southbank, where I haven't before either! Sofia was extatic over a bookmarket under Waterloo-bridge, so I thought I might as well check it out. I got to say, for a booklover - that was one wicked market. 4-5 tables PACKED with books of all sorts. I tried to find some philosophy but after I thouroughly searched two tables, my head was spinnig of authors, titles and genres so I just couldn't take it any more!

Walked past all the performers in the street. Living statues, bands, men-with-no-heads and stuff alike. I decided to sit down on one of the benches to sample what I had bought for my little picknick in the park where I was heading. Listened to a post-rock band which were reaaally good!

Because it was really hot outside I decided to stop by a Tescos just to get me an icecream and some more water. And here comes my point in all of this.

As I headed over to the park, eating my icecream, listening to my music, looking up to the sun - constantly smiling because that was for me sheer happiness - I exchanged looks with another man walking by me. He was looking straight at me and I could SENSE him! It was the WEIRDEST thing! I beemed, he smiled and we both knew! It only takes so little to make one happy! We were sharing thougts at that very moment! We both KNEW and we both FELT - I swear he felt that sense of co-existence of just a brief second.



I felt humbled afterwards, I felt at peace and I felt excited at the same time - someone besides me knew!

Peace worldwide and love everywhere!

Inga kommentarer: